Wednesday, February 1, 2012

On the Mend




Today the family and I went to the fracture clinic for my one week check up. I was a little worried because a couple days before i took a bath then stood up to grab a towel, stubborn me didn't ask for help and I slipped and put all my weight on my "bad" leg. I was scared something came out of place because it hurt a lot. When we got there  they took an x-ray but it did not turn out properly so they had to remove my cast and take a few more x-rays. After the x-rays they put Mason, Elysha and myself in the back of the room on a bed to remove the staples from the incision's they had made to put the plate and screws in. FINALLY I got to see the battle scars of the operation and boy were they sweet! They removed around 20 staples in total, not too much pain there, just a pinching sensation. The surgeon then came to take a look at my ankle and said that everything went as planned and it is healing nicely. I was very happy to hear that it was healing ok and that my fall didn't negatively affect anything. We took a look at the new x-rays too which were quite interesting! she said that we will have to come back again in 2 weeks to get the cast removed once again for more x-rays. I may go home with a removable splint at that time. I am still looking at another 5-6 weeks still of putting no pressure at all on my foot and another 4-5 months before I can return to my regular job. We pray each day for the Lords strength and healing hand. I would also like to thank everyone who has called, dropped in for a visit, and the cards! It is truly appreciated!

Brandon

1 comment:

Rik Jansen said...

Like you said, awesome battle wound my friend! Hope it heals quicker than expected! Also hope we may see you around! Take care.