Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Goodbye Green

Oh the lovely green bathtub and sink, Not! I was so glad to see that go. Not only was it ugly, it just felt like it was never clean. You clean to get the end result of nice shiny white. Well you don't get even close to shiny when you have an old green tub.
 

















I originally got a huge soaker tub and was going to rearrange the bathroom to make it fit.


We were smart to check before hand what was hiding in the wall I wanted to remove. There was pipes running up the wall, so I left the layout as is and we went to work. We planned it accordingly so we would insert the new tub first because we do need to clean ourselves. HA
All the tiling was done next.

 


















Next the toilet was put in. There were a few scraps on this one because I bought a "roman" style toilet. The difference with this toilet was that it had no screws, indents or caps on the side, it was all hidden inside and the outside of the toilet was all straight and smooth. As soon as I saw this I immediately thought "oh thank you toilet designer, no more indented sides that collect dust, dirt, urine etc. *quivers* makes me sick thinking about how gross those areas get. ANYWAYS back to the point, the screws on the inside are very hard to install properly. I would like you to all notice I put very hard, I really would like to put stress on the "very". Our regular downstairs toilet took maybe 20min to install, we were trying for hours to get this one in. We went out that night and bought longer bolts and we finally got the nut on and got it to tighten and then POP... the screw head had popped out of the black washer thing. Can you tell I am not a professional. Anyways by this point Brandon was really mad at my choice of toilet but with patience we finally got it.


Couple weeks later the toilet starts leaking! haha (that's a fake laugh by the way) you should have seen the look on our faces. We found the leak, hairline crack in the bowl, after all that! the toilet was no good. We had to get rid of it and buy another toilet.

A few things left to do in this bathroom but all in all, its better right? I think my good buy pottery barn shower curtain trumps this bathroom for me :)


The few things left are: New window, Fan fitted properly & trim around the closet. These things should be done before Christmas.


* I should mention we had help with the tub and tiles from mom, dad & Paul. We appreciate all the help we got from you on this bathroom and elsewhere in our house.

No comments: